wallpaper

Saturday, February 14, 2009

Oh no...Tagged!

I went onto Libby's Blog and got tagged. (Now you dear reader are "IT"! Post 6 things about you) Since I just did a similar Facebook post, I decided this time it would be 6 things about where I live...

1) I live among ancient ruins, like these cool columns in the Roman Forum from 2nd century BC 2) I live by "newer" columns like these that King Victor Emmanuele II built in 1885



3) I even live by hidden columns, (Corinthian, Ionic and Doric) on the Colosseum walls that Emperor Vaspasian had built in AD 72

4) I live in a Piazza next to rows of wooden columns: giant umbrella pine trees (minus one that fell last spring while they were digging for the new subway)

5) I live in a 6 story Palazzo, with flat facade columns, that is the Embassy for San Marino and the consulate for Malta. We live on the third floor and the Contessa lives on the 6th. She has a knight guarding her front door (actually it's just a suit of armor).


(here we are on the balcony)

(Our front door is 30 feet tall and it takes 4 keys to get into our apartment)

6) Here are the marble columns in my apartment...


And the columns as I look out my back window onto the Egyptian obelisk in my courtyard
I'm kidding! In my dreams. All these marble columns are at Mussolini's villa (Torlonia) down the street from us. Steve knows my love of columns, and for Valentines he gave me two marble pedestal's, (mini columns) from Carrera marble caves (where Michelangelo got his marble to carve his statues)
Hence, when we move back to the states.... I think I wanna live in a place with.... COLUMNS!

3 comments:

Jen B said...

You had me going! I was starting to feel depressed about my living space.

Hunter Family said...

Thanks Katherine, you are the only one to respond after being tagged. I guess I need some new friends! The columns were a neat idea to write about. You are so creative!

Heidi said...

You know, I've always loved columns too. I want to have one of those southern style homes with the columns on a big lot of land, like a "Gone With the Wind" setting. It's always fun to dream. :)