wallpaper

Thursday, October 23, 2008

Early Halloween scare

So I'm sitting on the toilet, thankfully not using it, just substituting it for a chair as I clean off the bathroom shelf, and out of the corner of my eye I see a movement outside. I look up and am startled to see a man standing on our balcony looking at me. I nearly died of fright. I leaped up with a scream in my mouth, and over his shoulder I notice this big crane out the window and realize he was a worker and not a robber trying to break in. I laughed when I saw his face; I'm sure my face looked the same.... don't know who was more shocked, him or me. Apparently our balconies were in need of repair and they got on ours, the 3rd floor, to fix the one above us, so when our neighbors sit out at their patio table it doesn't crash down on us--nice thought huh? "Here, dust off that plaster and concrete, move that balustrade and pull up a chair and I'll bandage your bloody arm while we chit chat.... Oh yeah, just fish out that broken tile from your Coke...two second rule..." (only in their 2 seconds or less, no bacteria gets in)
I was thinking of Dan & Sarah when this beast pulled away, I'm sure Dan knows how to operate this machine after building their house.

Anyway, new house rule, make sure the bathroom blind is all the way down when sitting upon the throne, even if you are just dusting, as you never know who is going to drop in.

4 comments:

Darlene Moore said...

gee... I'm surprised they have anything that big on wheels over there!

Bastian Duo said...

HA! I am sure that Dan could run it and I could tell you what they charge per hour. We had one of those at our house recently, I about choked when I got the bill.

It was so good to see you again, the time went by too fast! I really wish that we all lived closer together.

We just have to cherish the time that we do get to spend with each other.......we stay up into the wee hours of the morning just trying to get it all in...who needs sleep when you are visiting family, that is for when you get home. We miss you tons and are very hopeful that we will be able to come visit your neck of the woods in the spring!! We will need a vacation after the house is finished. Love you!

Moore Family said...

You are right there wasn't enough time and what we did have was like a lightening flash--gone before you know it. So we can't wait until you come in the springtime! (just make sure it's not over Easter break, millions of tourists pack the city to get the Pope's blessing).

Love you guys! Hurry up spring!! Oh and be sure to pack a few siblings as well. The more the merrier.

The Bastian's said...

Nothing quite like heart failure in your place of solitude! If its got gauges and levers, Dan can run it....it seems to be in the blood:) Hooray for the two second rule!