wallpaper

Saturday, October 11, 2008

And they lived happily ever eternity...

Ilene and Morgan were married in the Sacramento, CA Temple at 10 am Friday 10/10/08. It was a lovely ceremony and it all went off as smooth as butter. (You would think with everyone traveling, someone would forget their temple recommends.) Br. Sewel, a temple worker, performed the sealing and was very tender hearted and gave them one thought to remember: that this Temple was not like an Asian temple, where anyone can come in and petition for heavenly help, but this was the House of the Lord, and they were worthy to come before the Lord and Heavenly Father and thereby would receive numerous blessings on their heads and for their posterity. Is there any better way to start off a new venture?

This was the first time all of us, minus Dan, were in the temple together. Sid sat in place of Dad as the witness, mom sat next to Ilene and we were on the front row, Ryan on my left and Heidi, Jenn and Leslie to my right. We chuckled as Heidi saw the future and asked for a box of Kleenex and grabbed several and passed them to us (and we all used them, except Ryan who just swallowed all his tears but was overcome with just as much emotion). But my heart was so full looking at Ilene and my family. Ilene has come so far over the past year. She sent all of us this heart-felt letter this last Christmas expressing her love for the gospel and how she finally knew for herself that this was the Savior's church. She was positively glowing next to Morgan. She wore her temple dress so now every time she attends the temple she will be in her "wedding dress." Morgan held her hand and had the sweetest smile and even got teary eyed. Any man who is sensitive to the spirit and sheds a few tears is a keeper in my book!

Truly this was a happy day to have all of us together and to see what the future and eternity holds... the Bastian Bunch smiling, shoulder to shoulder, powerful with a combined love and testimony of Christ. I was filled with so much happiness it just had to roll out as tears I couldn't contain it all. And, I looked around almost thinking I could see Dad standing there somewhere in spirit. I know he was there, along with other ancestors, so proud that Ilene had made the right decision and had joy beyond measure seeing his posterity in this sacred place.

Ilene changed in the bride's room and came out so we could all applaud. I love how Morgan holds Ilene's hand as they step out into the world together. I pray they have a happy journey together.

Ilene looked so beautiful! People kept saying she looked like Charlize Theron a movie star she looked glamorous. There were other brides there that day but none as exquisite and gorgeous as our little Ilene. This kiss will echo through eternity.

It was so enjoyable being together as sisters, all six of us, for a time in the brides room and later outside. These fabulous, gorgeous gals are my Saviour on earth. They are my source of light in this life, they run to me when I call for help, they bless me with their smiles and understanding hearts and love me without limits which makes my life happy beyond compare.
And all these handsome brothers are worth their weight in gold. Sid was so wonderful to go around and kiss all of us and tell us he appreciated all our hard work. Ryan was so kind to tell us we looked so tall and beautiful and was proud that we're such confident attractive woman. And Dan saved the day chasing and minding all the cousins outside the temple with Sarah, getting a locksmith for Ilene's friend who locked the keys in her car, and praising Ilene right and left who glowed under the attention from her best brother. These boys have matured into fantastic men and I love them all dearly. They would do anything for us and we would do anything for them.

I was thinking that we haven't all been together since Dad's funeral. This was a much happier occasion. We took lots of photos to tide us over until the next family get-together. I was wishing they could just all pack up and follow us to Rome so the fun didn't have to end. But we were content to have this moment and have a new addition to the family to love and are so pleased that Ilene has married well and in the right place.

Ilene we all wish you bountiful blessings and joy for eternity. WE LOVE YOU! And Morgan, welcome to the family.

3 comments:

bethany said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Darlene Moore said...

Ilene made a beautiful bride! I've been to a lot of weddings and I oughta know! Congrats to the lucky couple!

The Bastian's said...

Great pictures and posts!It was so wonderful to see you for a bit. Im sorry we didnt get to hang much. Im pretty pre-occupied these days with the boys. At least we have the blogs. It reminds me of when you nannied in New York and I wrote you on Sundays on personalized stationary. You are beautiful and wonderful. Looking forward to more events to get together. Thanks for being so great! Love you tons.
-Ryan