wallpaper

Friday, June 19, 2009

Bye-bye books & buddies

The last week of school is a happy and sad time.... goodbye to piles of homework and tests but also goodbye to buddies who move away.
It's good to have guys that watch your back and it's tough losing a wingman.
It's also tough losing your phone and ipod. Trevor played at High School graduation and someone stole his new and prized possessions he saved up for for a year. He wasn't a happy camper! Things get stolen all the time at school, and everywhere here if you aren't careful. These are hard lessons to learn.

After the tests were done and grades out, the last week of school was filled with award ceremonies.
Trevor got an award in Music, AP European History, and Italian. He also got the President's award: a signed certificate from President Obama for Trevor completing another year of all A's.

Trevor's history teacher said if he could open up Trevor's brain, he was sure he would find circuits, wires and a computer inside.


Natalie also had her day in the sun...she got a P.E. award.

And another one for writer's workshop...a girl after my own heart.

Brendan also had to say arreverderci to some good friends

He also shared the stage to receive some awards.

Later they had the 8th grade promotion
and Brendan received a completion of middle school with honors from Dr. Pfannl the headmistress and Mr. Connely the principal. He also made all A's the whole year.
I've decided I'm going to promote and give my own end of summer certificates to the kids: Straight A's in Peacemaking & Compromise, Bedmaking and Creative Cooking, Uncomplaining Instrument Practice and the hightest award - "The Just say SURE Award" (sure mom I'd love to fold the clothes, sure mom I'd love to wash the car, sure I'd love to take the stinky garbage to the dumpster) Schools been out a week and so far no ones getting any of these awards...but heat and hope spring eternal.

1 comment:

Jen B said...

I'm hoping to earn the patience award, but alas I think it will never happen!:)