wallpaper
Wednesday, June 3, 2009
Goodbye Parties
This is the outcome when you get 17 ladies together and give them too much wine...pole dancing around the space heater. (Thankfully no ones hair caught fire) What started out as a somber occassion, a goodbye party to my friend Jennifer Freeman, quickly escalated to a loud, laughing, tell all your secrets kinda party.
Jennifer and I met 3 years ago at the Mayfair hotel when both our families had moved to Rome. I saw them one morning with boys near Trevor and Brendan's age, and I went and introduced myself. And we became fast friends.
That first summer I became an adopted mom and took her boys, James and Jordan out to tour Rome with my kids, as Jennifer had a year old baby and the bumpy streets here are not stroller friendly.
Front row lushes: Karena, Marissa, Jane, & Jennifer
More temperate gals: (Jennifer) Casandra Webb, Anna Benson and Jenn Stevens. Jenn Stevens and I ran the Rome Marathon together. As yesterday was a Roman holiday for the Republic, and my car was locked in our neighborhood parking garage and the buses weren't running, Jenn drove me home....I'm hoping no news is good news and that she made it back okay. Hate to be down two Jenn friends instead of one.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment