wallpaper

Sunday, October 24, 2010

We are the Champions!

The Guam High football players were certainly on top of the world Saturday night. They had a hard fought game against last years reigning Football Champs GW (George Washington Geckos). But the Guam High Panthers came out on top with a score of 7 to 6. It was a nerve wracking game that came down to the last couple seconds. The refs were blatantly unfair to us, but it all worked out in the end when we intercepted the ball a couple yards shy of the end zone and won the game that made Guam High history with the first IFL Championship (Independent Football League).
Trevor is #48. I failed in my job video tapping his tackles so unfortunately I don't have one to upload to You Tube and show it here.
Trevor is squished in on the left side. You can barely make out his head on the right of the kid in blue.

Here he is getting congratulatory hugs from girlfriend and teammates.
And a hug from his buddy Duncan.
This is Jacob Bunch another Mormon boy from Idaho who wants to play Football at BYU.
After I took this photo, Trevor says, where are my wrestling shoes? I have a match on Wednesday! Already looking to the next sport and next win. Ahh to be young and full of confidence that you can do ANYTHING!

No comments: