Then my dishwasher broke the day before I had two huge dinner parties scheduled, and I spent HOURS in the kitchen washing dishes, and I get a rash all over my hands that itches like mad... and I was not smiling.
Then I had to go to school for parent teacher conference and the car is handling funny, and I hear an awful noise. I stop and Trevor sees my tire is flat. The first gas station we encounter has no air and at the second, Trevor sees there is a GIANT screw embedded in the tire and we creep home....and we were not smiling. I'm still hoping they can fix the dang thing....
Then I had a ward council meeting at 8 pm and I had made mini cheesecakes for the Bishop's b-day. I sat in a traffic jam for over an hour, and when I got to the church the outer door was closed and I couldn't get in. I tried calling my counsilor's cell phone so she could let me in and she didn't pick up so I waited outside for another 20 minutes until someone heard my knocking...you got it... I WAS NOT HAPPY
But then at 3:30 this morning we have a 6.3 terremoto, earthquake, that lasted for 30 seconds and it was throwing us around, alarms were going off and I was scared. We expected them on Guam, had them weekly on Guam but there I knew the buildings were earthquake proof. And while I knew ancient Roman architects were brillant I wasn't so sure about the modern ones. Thankfully the worst that happened were pictures and books fell and our Palazzo still stands.
Reminders of how fragile life is puts things into the proper perspective again. In L'aquila where the quake originated 91 people are dead in the country's deadliest quake in nearly three decades, tens of thousands are homeless and 1,500 were injured. What do I ever have to complain about? I'm alive, my family is safe, the sun is shining and now I AM SMILING.
4 comments:
I am glad to hear everyone is ok! How far are you from the epicenter of the quake? We are talking about earthquakes in geology right now - it is scary stuff!
It's about 70 miles NE of us. I feel bad for the poor souls that perished and those left homeless and injured... not to mention the great churches and monuments that were destroyed. Mother Nature is scary!
It's all in perspective, isn't it? It's so easy to get wrapped up in our own hardships, and sometimes they are really hard. The counsel to reach outside of ourselves and have gratitude in all things is truly of God. So glad you are all ok. I have been thinking of you all week. Big Hugs.
That is so scary, I'm so grateful you are all ok!!!!! WOW! Last week we had a hail storm that actually dented all of Curtis's car, I was totally amazed. It does't even come close to what you experienced there,but it was my first taste of how scary mother nature can be. We are not in control!!!!
On a lighter note I think you should write a book titled, I WAS NOT HAPPY, NOW I AM HAPPY! Mine is going to be, I Potty Trained Six Kids, memoirs of a crazy mother!
Post a Comment