wallpaper

Friday, April 3, 2009

Who knew?

I was reading an article on the benefits of dark chocolate as a vasso diolator (for migraines) and came across this picture in the article. It looked like some of the Micronesians (huts and people) that lived near us on Guam. Turns out these are the KUNA Indians in Panama. I grew up in Idaho and went to school in Kuna. I remember learning somthing along the lines that"Kuna" was an Indian word for "end of the trail." The Indians used to rob the stage coach and bury the gold in the Kuna Caves and for many it was the end of the road. You'd think somewhere in Idaho history I would have learned that there are actual Kuna Indians still around. Course in those days we couldn't google...

These Kuna Indians have no problems with high blood pressure or heart attacks because they drink high amounts of cocoa everyday. So now I am completely justified eating dark italian chocolate everyday and can ponder why we were called Kuna Cavemen instead of Kuna Indians.

1 comment:

Jen B said...

Wow, that is a bit of interesting information!!! Who Knew?
Why can't milk chocolate have those healthy rewards?