The budding flowers at the Franciscan Friary in Quin (I wanted to stop to see the cloisters)
Springtime in Ennis (you know it I wanted to stop and smell the cherry blossoms)
Busy Francis Street in Limerick (I wanted to stop and shop)
Green fields in the Burren (stop and compare the rock fences to Sheila's handiwork)
Rock fields in Munster
Sun chasing away rain clouds in Kilfenora (can see my coat in the window reflection)
Tree tunnels on the way to Craggaunowen
Clean cows in every field

Spring tulips
Thatched roof cottages

Green everywhere as far as the eye can see--even on store fronts

Lady Justice

Dublin Castle
The mock sadness on the boys faces when we couldn't get in the castle as all the tours were booked, even in Italian.
Spring tulips
Green everywhere as far as the eye can see--even on store fronts
I am also renowned for telling the kids to hurry up and walk faster---then straggling behind to take pictures. Here's are a few of my walking along GLIMPSES:
Brendan feeding the pigeons
Lady Justice
Dublin Castle
The lampost at the National History Museum (Museum was closed for remodeling! Ahh No Luck of the Irish following us here!)

The cute red door on St. Anne's Church
Imagine, Steve wouldn't go move the silly little yellow street cart for my picture!

Red brick buildings

Arched windows and hanging plants

Bridge over the River Liffey

Almost got run over trying to shoot this lampost on the bridge

Adorable doors from 18th Century in Merrion Square
Cute terraced Georgian style homes
Crossed the street to get this door and in the meantime my family turned the corner and left me

Sea Horse Lampost at the Bank of Ireland
Green -gray Cobblestones
Copper lamposts
Shamrock street lights

Blue flowers

Only Lion (candybar) we could see at the Zoo
Monkey island
Gorgeous giraffes

and the pooped capybarra
My camera batteries died right after this picture. Brendan said, mom we are as tired as that poor rodent. You wear us all out...batteries and all!
The cute red door on St. Anne's Church
Red brick buildings
Arched windows and hanging plants
Bridge over the River Liffey
Almost got run over trying to shoot this lampost on the bridge
Adorable doors from 18th Century in Merrion Square
Sea Horse Lampost at the Bank of Ireland
Blue flowers
Only Lion (candybar) we could see at the Zoo
and the pooped capybarra
OK, I admit I am a pill. I love the journey as well as the destination. I'm greedy with life and learning as I fear hereditary alzheimers. If it kicks in, all I will have is these glimpses to think of over and over. Nothing new will stick...... So, thank you my sweet family for making these wonderful memories with me. And most of all, thank you Steve for pressing on, despite pressure to stop and divert; otherwise, we'd never get where we are going!
2 comments:
It is all so beautiful! I love all the door pictures. Curtis had several door pic he used to frame, I loved them. I enjoyed the pic of Brendon feeding the pigeons, it's nice to see the soft side of boys! I'm happy that you can have so many fun explorations, you deserve them!
That is amazing. I am so glad you got to go and that you are willing to share. Love, love the pictures.
Post a Comment