The Guidara family came to experience their first Thanksgiving. Emanuele, the father, was pretty brave and tried cranberry juice and even put fresh cranberry sauce on his turkey and gravy on his potatoes. His kids just looked on in terror. Silvia is expecting a baby and was in the throes of morning sickness but still managed to get down the basics--stuffing, rolls and mashed potatoes.
wallpaper
Saturday, November 29, 2008
Giving Thanks
Normally I grease a brown paper grocery sack and cook up a nice golden turkey in an hour and a half. This year, there were no sacks to be found, so I had to use one of those plastic roasting bags, and I had this nagging fear that we were eating toxic plastic particles along with the drumsticks. But alas, we braved my fears and enjoyed a nice meal despite my paranoia.
Kids were great to help. Natalie peeled a whole sack of potatoes and helped me with the rolls while the boys washed windows, swiffered floors and swept patios. (It wasn't the 30 below, picking up frozen rocks from the field chores that mom imposed on us before we feasted, but it was work nonetheless)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Dont you just miss picking rock!? You cant help but be thankful for that! Nice work on dinner. Only an Idahoan knows how to do the potatoes proper. I had to school my in-laws. Way to go girl on the fixins! We miss you guys so much. Hugs and kisses all around!
It looks like you guys had a great thanksgiving! Alex and i made a small brisket instead of a turkey. Since we were celebrated thanksgiving here in Idaho... we decided to change it up a bit! I have to say that I did miss the traditional thanksgiving a little bit though!
Wow!! It looks like you guys had the spread! MMMMMM makes me hungry for thanksgiving dinner again!
So did they like the cranberries and turkey? By the the way your rolls look great!
Post a Comment