wallpaper

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Halloween in November

Since we had so much rain in Oct., the Embassy Halloween party was postponed. It was rescheduled a couple weeks ago, and the kids didn't mind dressing up after the holiday had long come and gone--- candy and costumes excite kids no matter what the calendar says. This car below was the winning car for "trunk or treat." It looks so real it's morbid.

Matt, the scarecrow, is Trevor part time wrestling coach and Lyn, a.k.a. Dorothy, his wife is my proctor for my BYU exams. I was wishing I could borrow her ruby red shoes and click them together and be done with school once and for all, so I could teach high school English lit.

Here's the trail leading up to the Haunted House.
Natalie and friend Fiona helped me guard the front of the H. House so no one got in before Trevor and his crew of ghosts and goblins were ready to scare all those that were brave enough to enter.
I found it sad that Natalie's 6th grade buddies were trying to dress so provocatively.

Brendan tried out the limbo before he donned his scary hairy mask.

They "haunted" for two hours and came out sweaty, deaf from all the screams and Trevor sporting a "Rocky cut" on his nose where some boy hauled off and hit Monster Trevor in the face because he was so frightened.
I wish I could captured this photo in the dark (the flash lit it up), all you could see was a white glowing face guzzling water. At one point bottle number three got stuck in Trevor's mask and it looked pretty funny.
One little boy complained that he was having to wait to long and the mom said "oh they are just feeding the monsters inside so they are full and won't eat the little kids that pass through." The boy didn't want to go in after that.
They are already plotting more ghoulish fun for next year. I told Brendan to just dress up as a math test with 100 story problems and half the kids would run away screaming, myself included.

No comments: