A typhoon was brewing north of Guam so we hit the beach to see the super high tide and gigantic waves
I got hip high in the water and the ground literally got sucked out from under me. The surf was so rough and could suck you over the reef. I didn't dawdle too long in the ocean.
We ran out of shoreline and had to turn around-- normally you can hike along the Ritidian Shore for miles
The tide crashed on shore and washed away all traces of our footprints within a matter of seconds. I started to think about mortality. How lifetimes are quickly swept away without a trace.
But as we climbed to leave Ritidian beach, and saw the cliff lines below that have been standing for eons, and the ocean that never ends, it was nice to get a bigger perspective of life. That as eternal families, we do not get erased. What our parents and grandparents taught us through the restored gospel of Jesus Christ, carries on waves to our posterity throughout eternity.

1 comment:
Ahhhhh....Guam. Are you trying to make me cry? So beautiful.
Post a Comment