wallpaper

Monday, May 3, 2010

And my heart just sank...



Trevor this past week was begging me to cut his hair. I was tired after work and said I would do it this weekend. So Trevor got tired of waiting and a friend at school said she would do it....this is the nightmare haircut she gave him!


And this is the Mr. T cut he gave himself when he got home. Brendan tried to prepare me when I came in the house but I was mortified!

Today they wouldn't let him bless the sacrament because they thought he looked like a Lamanite from the Book of Mormon.... The previous Bishop was calling him an Mohican. So after church I took the clippers and tried to fix the damage but the whole time I was having flashbacks of Trevor being 4 and taking the scissors to his own head, and I had to shave him bald.

Now I know it is just hair and Pedro did the same on Napoleon Dynamite and Ryan looks pretty darn good with his head shaved but I have these images of dad with his shaved head after his car accident and I just cringe!
And I have a friend who lost two children to cancer and the boy near Trevor's age lost all his hair when he had his chemo.
And this fear of losing a child extends to Trevor wanting to go to the Air Force Academy and eventually having to go to war and it all was just overwhelming me....
Until I came to the back of his head and read his shirt. And then everything just melted away.

3 comments:

Islandalli said...

You are an awesome mom. That's all I have to say.

Jen B said...

I can still see in my minds eye dad coming out of the bathroom without any hair. That was a fun journey of pictures, I felt your horror! I have to admitt though Trevor looks good with the shaved head!!!!

Bastian Duo said...

Nice job with the fade Kath. High and tight. Does Brendan need a haircut too?