wallpaper

Monday, May 18, 2009

Beauty and the Beastly Feet

Had one of those weekends that I don't EVER want to repeat. Too many activities and my feet paid for it... instead of saying I worked my fingers to the bone-- I walked my feet until the flesh fell off--- is more apropo. The craziness started out with me stepping on glass and cutting the bottom of my foot and then to compound the problem I wore a new pair of shoes that tore up my feet when I hosted a goodbye party for Steve's boss's wife on Thursday until midnight. My feet got worse while I was running around playing hostess again for a house full of boys for Brendan's b-day party friday night. I made pizzas and make shift beds until midnight.
The next morning, I stayed off my feet while sat in traffic for 3 hours to go drop them off (there was some sort of blockage on the freeway). But I spent the rest of the day on my feet cooking and prepping for primary sharing time and the teacher training meeting and potluck--and cooked until Midnight again. Sunday I was at church early at 8 am, dropping Trevor off for seminary and remained at the church until 5pm. I was in such a hurry when I left I forgot to bring comfy shoes to walk home in and the high heels I was in tore off the previously damaged feet wounds. Monday am, I had to go on foot to Fed Ex, to expedite a rank advancement card to a Boy Scout, who used to be in our troop but moved to England. He waited too late and his Board of Review is tomorrow.... and that running around shredded the remainder of flesh on my beastly feet!



The one bright side: stopping and smelling the BEAUTIFUL roses as I limped by...
This is at the top of the Aventine Hill (one of the 7 hills of Rome)

This rose is named after the talented artist Durer


This hill is where Remus stood to get a sign from God as to who would run Rome. His brother Romulus stood on the nearby Palentine hill.
Guess you can figure out who won. Rome is not called Remus.
These gardens pay tribute to the brother who did not win, but who is revered nonetheless.
If I lived up here would I slow down, walk barefoot in the grass and put my feet up more often?
Needless to say, this week even tho' I don't have time to put my feet up, I am doing it ANYWAY! Steve tells me again and again I'm my own worst enemy. I admit deFEET.

1 comment:

Islandalli said...

You deserve a break today girl! You are also stronger than me, I would have ditched the shoes half way through all of it and gone bare foot at church and in the car. Take care of yourself!!!