wallpaper
Tuesday, March 17, 2009
Green is Good
We love Doctor Seuss stories, and we love St. Patrick's day...so why not combine them? In my green pj's I made the kids Green eggs and SPAM this morning before they headed off to school.
I was nice and didn't dye the SPAM green as well. The kids were good sports and ate the unnerving goo but had to brush their moss colored teeth before catching the bus.
We ate Spam growing up on the farm, and we ate Spam on Guam...it's not just a typhoon staple any more. After WWII, our troops fed the Chamorros SPAM as the rice fields were destroyed and the people were hungry. Now it is a daily part of their lives with Tabasco and rice. So be brave... open up a can today. Try it, you may like it...don't be a Doubting Sam-I-am.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I do like green eggs and spam, I do, I do said Jen I am!:0
I don't mind the green eggs....but the spam well that is a different story. I haven't ever tried it but I just can't get over the meat in a can.
I love the super mom picture!
Natalie had to do a paper for her English class and attach a picture of her favorite Super hero. Her friends were doing Wonder Woman, Elasta girl, fantastic 4 invisible girl and SURPRISE Natalie wanted to do a paper on "Super Mom." Needless to say her class and teacher all cracked up at this idea and photo (what she was going for). In a couple years when she hits 14 I will be "Super Embarrasing Mom"
Post a Comment