So..... this last week he didn't eat a single sweet and barely ate anything and he was still 5 pounds over! We decide he must be going through a growth spurt and putting on more muscle because he is lean. After talking to coach, Trevor decided to wrestle 160 --about 3 lbs heavier than he is and usually the weight class of the more experienced and older wrestlers. I was unsure at first, as in previous weeks I had seen the HUGE guys in that weight class, and I was thinking that's how much Steve weighed when we got married! But Trevor rose to the challenge.
When Trevor is not working out or learning new moves, he is repairing things for classmates with his soldering iron.
This last week someone in concert band ripped apart his cable when pulling it out of the speaker. The kid was despondent as he had just bought this 100 euro cable ($150). Trevor told him not to worry that he could fix it. So he got out his solder last night (thanks for JP who sent it home with me when I was staying at the Macy's House for Ilene's wedding) and repaired it after about 20 minutes of work. A few weeks back he repaired Natalie's bracelet and a classmates battery cable on his guitar footpad. Guess I will give him my silver earring I just broke and let him repair it.
Trevor has always been interested in taking things apart and putting them back together. When he was two he would take his "tools," a hammer and handful of screwdrivers to bed with him. When he was 5 he was taking apart radios and toasters tho, there was always a pile of parts remaining. As of late he has taken apart old gameboys, Natalies brand new and BROKEN ipod (sigh), battery operated toys and now is begging me to let him take apart our old computer. Those hours he used to hang with Grandpa Moore's in his "closet" with all his electrical engineer equipment opened up his world. It's no surprise Trevor wants to be an engineer as well.
When Trevor is not reparing, or hanging with friends, he is singing on x-box Rock Band. Well sorta....it's more like growling! It's this awful hard metal and it sounds horrible.
No comments:
Post a Comment