I had visions of greenery, beach and ocean in the background and a beautiful couple in modest clothing walking to the sunset ---but the humidity, heat and clothing selection melted that romantic notion. (Allicia Hubbs or Matt Eastman, master photographers- I need you guys next year if you are anywhere near our corner of the Pacific!)
I could tell by all the Seniors eyes and strained smiles that they were ready for me to be gone. As I am leaving the restaurant, I see our Stake President two tables over. President Clark called me over and promised he would watch the mobster promsters for me when I left.




I think the best thing about the whole night was the "Evening in Paris" Prom was over at 11 pm. Parents had to collect their teenagers promptly at 10: 50. Trevor was in bed and asleep by 11:15 pm. We had tried to plan a party at our neighborhood pool for some juniors and seniors to come eat pizza, swim and hang out after the dance, but they were only interested in the after-dance booze parties in rooms reserved at the hotel.
The next day Trevor shook his head over the drunken follies captured on film of classmates on Facebook.
The frustration I had felt at the photos faded away as I watched Trevor close his eyes and bow his head and bless the sacrament the next morning at church in his tux. This was a picture in my head that thankfully I can't fumble or forget. The closed eyes were very fitting this time.

2 comments:
Katherine, I love you and the principles you have taught your children. I to in my minds eye could see Trevor blessing the sacrament worthily. BTW your pictures are way better than mine. Trevor is one handsome boy!
A handsome couple they make! Trevor has a great mobster look, doesn't he, very debonair! But when he smiles, it's like gracious, he has the magnetism of Tom Cruise! Trevor is a worthy young man, its so wonderful!
Post a Comment