So when life gives you lemons you make your kids break a sweat to crave lemonade right? I thought so. It wasn't too much to ask them to water the lawn, pull weeds, mow and edge?
Or scrap paint, prime and repaint?




Certainly using the pressure sprayer to wash the grime and mold off the sidewalk and house is pure fun don't you think? (gotta love Trevor's signature on the side of the house)
We did go see a movie one afternoon and one morning we loaded up the dive gear and headed to San Luis Beach to see the ocean critters.

Our newest little Open Water Diver Natalie did swim effortlessly 30 feet down with the sea turtles and fish


And Trevor did get to work on his Farmer Brown tan on the beach before he headed back to school.


I think I finally convinced the kids that "sometimes stay-cations intermingled with work and play are the most memorable vacations anyway." Problem is though-- I couldn't convince myself of this concept as I spent Spring Break waiting in line for an hour at the post office to get our taxes sent registered mail, an hour waiting to register kids for the next school year, cleaning the house and cooking for a dinner party for Steve's coworkers from Hawaii, spending 7 hours and three nights at church meetings, and half of Saturday cleaning out closets for a rummage sale to earn money for girls camp. Okay maybe I am a slave driver! Man I need a Spring break....
3 comments:
I can't believe all your kids scuba dive, how fun! I think spring breaks are over rated, it's never a break for mom.
Slave driver is the wrong title. Its called... Character building...am I right?!
That mom's philosophy.....work 'em hard!
Post a Comment