wallpaper

Monday, January 10, 2011

Still, Still, still....Reflections of Christmas

It is a repeated complaint in my house that I mangle action photos; ok, most photos if I am being honest. Self preservation makes me blame it on my unsophisticated camera and low lighting but (between you and me) I am aware operator inobservance is the root of the problem. "Just take STILL photos Mom," Natalie reminded me again. "Like this," and she captured an unblurry shot of Steve and I sitting. "I can do that," I pep talk myself. "Only take pictures of people just sitting and reflecting--not moving... Still photos...."
'No movement, no movement," I tell myself....
My first attempt- the moment right before the prayer...before the feasting frenzy commences.
Not too blurry... so I try again.

Second attempt: the moment right after the kids opened the one Christmas present they wanted and contentment is observed. (Trevor with his sunglasses, Brendan with his tv and Natalie with her key necklace)
Not bad, the kids don't have 2 noses , elongated ears and blurry features.
By George maybe the girl is on to something....

And again... capturing the moment just before the yearly Nativity reenactment rolled and the donkey isn't feisty, Mary needing a rest stop or Joseph fed up.

Check this out, the moment right before the tree falls over and lights go off for the night and season.

Probably my best work: people who have already posed (I love family Christmas cards!)

The moment when the planets align and siblings actually get along and give pointers like how to shoot a free throw.
The still moment right after midnight when the New Year arrives, friends are around (Hales) and possibilities for improvement are endless. Yes, maybe I can do miracles with a point and click camera...if people will just stop moving. Or maybe, just maybe, I will finally learn to be STILL myself.

2 comments:

MACYS said...

Don't be so hard on yourself, you take great photos! I always blame the camera!

Jen B said...

The pictures look fine! They are better than mine any day of the week. I know what you mean though. Curtis's sisters take professional pictures,their blog pictures are amazing, they tell me its the lense.:)