We flew into Palermo, Steve's third city he lived in during his mission, and rented a Fiat Bravo
and headed out an hour to Cefalu`. This is the view from the balcony of the Villa that Steve reserved.
The city had gorgeous buildings and colors which Pete captured with his camera. (Yes Pete this blog is about you!)
The Piazza del Duomo had this great Norman cathedral (built 1131) that sat at the foot of a craggy mountain above.
You can't tell in this picture but this cool church also sits near the ocean . It was built by Roger II who survived a shipwreck nearby. He wanted to thank the Madonna for sparing his life and had this cathedral erected in her honor
We reached the gate of the old fort and after seeing the workmanship weren't surprised it still stood.
But there was still another 45 minutes and climbing to reach the top.




3 comments:
It looks like you had a fun time! I like the pic of you and Steve smiling at each other.
Oh how I have missed your posts. I can't believe how beautiful it is out there. I am glad you guys were able to get a little vacation time together. Happy Thanksgiving!
I love the picture of you two together. Awesome. I still want to come and visit.
Post a Comment